Remote Support Engineer (Manchester)
Job Title: Remote Support Engineer
Position Reports to: Head of Monitoring and Communication
Based: Manchester – Matthew Elliot House
Job Purpose Summary
To provide remote technical support across the group engineering workforce for CCTV, Intruder, Access, Fire systems and other associated systems in line with the current regulations.
To work closely with Call Receipt to provide 1st and 2nd level support to all platinum contracts focusing mainly on Intruder.
Produce summary stats to the manager on a weekly / monthly cycle
To work closely with Service managers ensuring that all sites that can be are connected to remotely.
To work closely with Installation ensuring that all new sites are connected to remotely.
To work as a team with colleagues and Regional Service Manager to enhance the Company’s reputation in quality and customer service.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Carry out remote technical support assistance to our engineering workforce.
- Carry out remote technical support assistance for our platinum contract customers to analyse faults negating the requirement for an engineer visit
- Effectively communicate with our customers to ensure a good understanding of system and site status, particularly system defects that affect its correct function
- Indicate to our clients customers any information relevant to the site
- Liaise with service administrators and service managers to ensure we meet all relevant target
- Plan own work, including setting up remote diagnostics system and fault finding process
- Ensure legible and timely completion of all paperwork as required
- Be responsible for the management and security of own equipment stock in an efficient and economical manner by determining stock levels in relation to work activities and ordering stock items as and when appropriate
- Operate in accordance with our clients requirements, Company and customer’s quality standards and health and safety requirements
- Discuss and recommend suggestions for system/service improvement with Line Manager
- Attend training sessions identified by our clients and identify and communicate to Line Manager any personal training and development needed
- Leaving our customers with fully functioning security systems unless an engineer is required
- All documentation being completed and reaching the required destinations within agreed time limits
- Ensure that our customers are always well informed regarding their systems
- Taking care that the responsible person is satisfied with the service they receive
Achievement of agreed targets for customer technical support calls and further action calls
Able to work independently and as part of a team
Able to plan, implement and complete service activities without assistance
Able to operate all required test equipment
Previous experience within the industry covering all disciplines is essential
Demonstrate a logistical approach to systems fault diagnosis and rectification
Deal with customers, end-users, construction personnel and in-house staff in a professional manner
Good verbal and written communication
Develop short, medium and long term business plan for technical support
Full and detailed understanding of Intruder Panels
Manufactures training in equipment required. This may include DualCom, Redcare, Webway, Texecom, Galaxy Understanding of NACOSS requirements for Intruder, CCTV and Access systems
Intruder alarm remote diagnostics (Galaxy Gold, Texecom Wintex)
Due to the changing nature of our business, the Company reserves the right to alter the content, tasks and responsibilities of this job description to reflect changes to the job or services provided, without altering the general character or level of responsibility. All staff are therefore expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises where tasks are not specifically covered in the Job Description have to be undertaken.